RESPIRATORY HOMECARE SOLUTIONS INC.
Position Title: Registered Respiratory Therapist
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Hours: 37.5 hrs. / week
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Medicine Hat, Lethbridge & Brooks, AB\
Respiratory Homecare Solutions (RHS Canada) is a provider of sleep apnea testing, home oxygen, sleep therapy, snoring treatments and other respiratory services. We have many locations throughout Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario.
Our Medicine Hat, Alberta offices are currently seeking a strong technical professional who is passionate, flexible, and eager to learn & grow for the role of Registered Respiratory Therapist. This role will also support our Brooks, and Lethbridge AB branch offices and will be required to travel as required.
This role is primarily responsible for assisting and managing clients with a wide range of respiratory disorders. This includes ensuring their health care needs are met and appropriate therapies are provided and provincial funding is in place where required.
Participation in on-call schedule and on-going customer service is required in all situations. Also, maintaining professionalism and ongoing relationships with our referral sources.
- Provide assessment and on-going service to clients on CPAP, AUTO & Bi-PAP therapy
- Educating clients on their condition and their prescribed therapy. Follow-up as and when required
- Fit clients with appropriate mask interfaces and CPAP units for home use
- Provide troubleshooting with medical devices, maintain and clean equipment
- Assess clients, perform new oxygen and respiratory equipment starts
- Provide respiratory equipment and supplies as per clients’ physician orders
- Plan daily and weekly services, set ups and in-house work around existing schedules
- Update client records, maintain oxygen authorizations and funding as per provincial regulations
- Participate in on-call schedule, O2 equipment deliveries
- Ensure that all contact with clients is accurately charted in a timely manner
- Provide client education and training on safety related issues as part of delivery of service
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Respiratory Therapist is a requirement
- Current CSRT registration & CARTA Practice Permit are required
- Current Basic rescuer CPR and First Aid Training is considered an asset
- Knowledge of how to operate Respiratory Equipment (OCD’s, CPAP, PF’s and spirometry) is a requirement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure & multitask
- Ability to travel to various locations is a requirement. Must have a valid Driver’s license
Please email your resume in MS Word or PDF format to Human Resources:RHS CanadaAttention:
Human ResourcesQuote Reference #:
RRT_MH_APR2018Email Preferred: email@example.com Website: www.rhscanada.comApplication Deadline: May 27, 2018