Registered Respiratory Therapist - Yorkton SK
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Prairie Oxygen was founded in 2004 by Respiratory Therapists right here in Saskatchewan and was born from a desire to put more caring into respiratory care. Our promise is to treat you with fairness, honesty and dignity. Our success has come from providing superior service through highly motivated people. At Prairie Oxygen you will have a job that has IMPACT. www.prairieoxygen.ca
Looking for an Exciting Opportunity?
Prairie Oxygen is seeking exceptional talent to join in our commitment to making Prairie Oxygen an even better place to work. If you are looking for somewhere you can assist in driving positive change and would like to help move Prairie Oxygen one step closer to being an employer of choice – look no further. We have Competitive Spirit and We Play to Win. Opportunities for growth and recognition are available at all levels for those people who are engaged and committed to accelerating positive results.
Advantages of working for Prairie Oxygen?
- Competitive salary, vacation and performance based pay increases
- Competitive benefit package & company RRSP contributions
- Standard working hours for better work/life balance
- Tuition reimbursement & Career Development programs
- Employment Assistance Program
- Successful and stable, industry leader
Are you ready to get on-board?
We are actively recruiting a highly energetic and motivated full-time Registered Respiratory Therapist for our Yorkton, SK location. The role, in this capacity, is to educate and provide quality healthcare services to our homecare and institutional clients. This includes initiating prescribed CPAP & Oxygen therapy, performing assessments, educating clients in the use and knowledge of equipment, and conducting follow-up service to ensure equipment performance and client compliance.
- Evaluates clients needs by conducting tests, interpreting test results and determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians with respect for Oxygen and sleep apnea
- Assists clients in setting up respiratory equipment providing education, and evaluating the effects of respiratory therapy treatment plans and recommending adjustments and modifications if required
- Identifies any discrepancies with respiratory therapy/treatment and brings them to the attention of the physician
- Communicates the current list of respiratory therapy medications to the appropriate caregivers
- Maintains quality service by following company standards, policies and procedures and documenting
- Supports clients in their continued CPAP therapy through ongoing sales of mask or machine replacements and other CPAP products
- Educates customers on CPAP product offerings and services including explaining pricing and answering questions to support the branch network and build value in our customer relationships
- Promotes company services to all respiratory related health care professional by visiting hospital and health centers, providing education and information on the services our company provides to the patient, hospitals and health centres
- Books appointments directly at the branch level where required
- Troubleshoots system issues on behalf of the regions; provide support to the branches and customer service department by providing ongoing training and support.
- Provides support to clients and branches as a subject matter expert for third party private insurance and funding programs
- Graduation from an accredited institution of Respiratory Therapy or Nursing and licensed to practice with the provincial governing body
- Passion for patient care and willingness to travel to surrounding communities
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and as part of a team
- Excellent computer literacy with Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrates effective time-management skills and able to quickly make decisions in order to solve problems as required
- Possesses a valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract and criminal background check
- Ability to work on-call when required
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and other relevant verifications depending on the position. This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Prairie Oxygen provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.